About our Services
CSE is here for you. We want to help you with any of your Structural needs as it relates to existing Buildings or General Structures.
CSE is a specialized firm dedicated to the structural forensic and structural rehabilitation of existing steel, reinforced concrete (normal and post-tensioned), wood and masonry structures. CSE's expertise extends into all aspects related to structural forensics and rehabilitation to include; forensic construction failures, forensic service failures, forensic maintenance failures, emergency structural reviews, pre-construction reviews, visual surveys, detailed condition surveys, pre-designs, detailed structural designs, contract preparation, construction review services, health and safety reviews, emergency first response failure services, emergency shoring, shoring, re-shore, scaffolding design and structural demolition design and more. Typical facilities include; building structures, parking structures, building balconies, flat roof structures, subway tunnel structures, running structures, vent shafts, above & below facilities, retaining walls, bridges, historical buildings, arenas, structural paving and post-tensioned & pre-stressed concrete structures. A brief listing of our services from the beginning of a typical structural rehabilitation project to it completion can be summarized as follows:
Health and Safety/Emergency Services
- 24hr-7days a week on call service.
- Health and safety/emergency structural visual evaluations.
- Health and safety/emergency shoring designs.
- Health and safety/emergency material deterioration/evaluations.
Pre and Post Construction Reviews
- Visual or detailed residential existing condition surveys.
- Visual or detailed commercial existing condition surveys.
Material Evaluation and Testing Services
- CSA certified laboratory material testing services to include;
- Air void testing.
- Carbonation testing.
- Soluble chloride ion testing.
- Compressive strength testing.
- Non-destructive on-site testing to include.
- GPR (ground penetration radar).
- Impact Echo.
- Yield strength testing of existing reinforcing steel.
- Concrete embedded cable/conduit location services.
- Metallic metal (normal reinforcing steel) locations.
- Non-metallic metal (copper, aluminum) pipe locates.
Forensic Structural Review Services
- Visual and detailed investigations on the cause of structural rehabilitation failures.
- Forensic construction failures.
- Forensic service failures.
- Forensic service failures.
Preliminary/Visual Condition Survey
- Visual surveys in accordance to M.T.O. Inspection manual.
- Preliminary structural evaluations.
Detailed Condition Survey
- Detailed condition surveys in accordance to M.T.O.’s structural rehabilitation manual, to include;
- Visual surveys.
- Delamination surveys.
- Covermeter surveys.
- Corrosion activity surveys.
- Concrete testing & laboratory work.
- Pre-Design services.
- Repair alternative formulation.
- Construction sequencing and logistics evaluation.
- Constructability reviews.
- Construction scheduling.
- Repair cost estimations.
- Life cycle sost analysis.
- Repair recommendations.
Detailed Design Services
- Structural replacement design services.
- Structural Rehabilitation design services.
- Tender support/evaluation services.
Construction Review Services
- General contract sdministration services.
- Contract initiations services.
- Regular site review services.
- Shop drawings review services.
- Monthly progress billing reviews.
- Contract shanges evaluation/initiations.
- Change sirective evaluation/initiations.
- Progress reports.
- Construction testing services.
- Contract schedule preparation and tracking.
- Contract arbitration and dispute services.
- Contract deficiency reports.
- Contract commissioning services.
- Contract close-out services.